The Academic Teaching Librarian's Handbook
25 236 Ft (24 035 Ft + 5% áfa)
Kattintson ide a feliratkozáshoz
This book is a comprehensive resource for academic library professionals and LIS students looking to pursue a teaching role in their work and to develop this aspect of their professional lives in a holistic way throughout their careers.
The Academic Teaching Librarian?s Handbook is a comprehensive resource for academic library professionals and LIS students looking to pursue a teaching role in their work and to develop this aspect of their professional lives in a holistic way throughout their careers. The book is built around the core ideas of reflective self-development and informed awareness of one?s personal professional landscape. Through engaging with a series of exercises and reflective pauses in each chapter, readers are encouraged to reflect on their professional identity, self-image, self-efficacy and progress as they consider each of the different aspects of the teaching role.
This handbook will:
- provide a comprehensive resource on teaching, professional development and reflective practice for academic teaching librarians at all stages of their careers
- explore the current landscape of teaching librarianship in higher education, and highlight the important developments, issues and trends that are shaping current and future practice
- examine the roles and responsibilities of the academic teaching librarian in the digital era
- introduce the essential areas of development, skill and knowledge that will empower current and future professionals in the role
- inspire prospective and current academic teaching librarians to adopt a broad conception of the role that goes beyond the basic idea of classroom-based teaching, and provide practical tools to engage in personal development and career planning in this area.
The Academic Teaching Librarian?s Handbook is an indispensable reference, suitable for early career professionals at the start of their teaching journey, as well as mid- or late-career librarians who may have moved into leadership and managerial roles and who wish to advance their teaching role to the next level.
Introduction Part 1: Constructing the academic teaching librarian 1 Shaping the academic teaching librarian 2 Defining the academic teaching librarian 3 Becoming an academic teaching librarian Part 2: Excelling as an academic teaching librarian 4 Technology and the academic teaching librarian 5 Leading and co
-ordinating for the academic teaching librarian 6 Advocacy and the academic teaching librarian