Advanced Introduction to Global Production Networks
9 154 HUF (8 718 HUF + 5% VAT)
Click here to subscribe.
Not in stock at Prospero.
|No. of pages:||200 pages|
This Advanced Introduction provides a comprehensive guide to the vibrant and expanding global production network (GPN) approach. Neil M. Coe deftly explores the antecedents and theoretical underpinnings of GPN analysis, as well as debates and controversies surrounding the approach and its position in wider interdisciplinary discussions. He argues overall that, during a time of profound ongoing challenges within the global economic system, the need for a GPN framework has never been more pressing.
Key features include:
- an up-to-date assessment of current debates in the literature
- an integrated perspective on how GPN thinking can aid understanding of capitalist uneven development
- a wide range of sectoral and geographical examples
- a thorough discussion of connections to cognate debates in the wider social sciences and business and management studies
- identification of future research challenges in the field.
Written by Neil M. Coe, this Advanced Introduction provides a comprehensive guide to the vibrant and expanding global production network (GPN) approach, through deftly exploring its antecedents, theoretical underpinnings, and debates and controversies in the field. The author argues overall that, during a time of profound on-going challenges within the global economic system, the need for a GPN framework has never been more pressing.
?Neil Coe presents an engaging and impressively lucid introduction to global production networks as a powerful framework for understanding cross-border flows of goods and services and their geographical energies and outcomes. As one of the framework's architects, Coe expertly takes the reader through its core tenets, as well as inviting us to consider its potential for grasping some of the major challenges facing the global economy in the 2020s.?